Thursday 30 May 2013

Day 23


Hey guys, it's like day 23 after my surgery. I'm feeling much better now and most of the swelling has already gone down. I took out all my stitches and plastic molds two days ago but I'll still have to wear bands to keep my bite in place.

It's really irritating because I'm officially able to eat now but I can't really open my mouth. 

That's about how big I can open my mouth now. I remember being able to open my mouth really wide before surgery but I guess that's all gone right now. My girlfriend says I'm being too impatient and I think I am but I just can't wait to open my mouth and stretch. It's really weird cause I still have some difficulty talking or maybe I'm just now used to it yet.

It feels really weird to bite into food now and I'm going to have to learn how to chew all over again. I make such a big mess over every meal now leaving food traces all over my mouth and chin and I can't feel them cause they're numb. One good thing is I bring my tiny toothbrush everywhere I go now so I can just brush off the leftover food particles.

That's all folks, I'm really hoping I can stretch my jaw muscles before I go back to camp next week. It sucks to yawn without being able to open your mouth fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment