Tuesday 14 May 2013

Liquid Food


Hello guys, it's finally post op day 7! It also means I've been surviving on liquid food for a week already. It really sucks to be on a liquid food diet. For the first 5 days I had to inject the highly nutritious milk into the back of my mouth and then swallow. It's quite weird to be tube feeding myself everyday but I quickly got used to it.


So that's my trusty can of milk and my first ever food since surgery. It's really sweet and it tastes a lot like protein shakes. On my first day I felt super full only after drinking a few syringefuls. But as the days go pass, one can was never enough. So I started drinking two cans a day. However I only bought 24 cans and it was supposedly to last me for 2 weeks. This milk shit is expensive!


So other than drinking milk and soups, I go around sniffing people's food. Especially Petrine's double down today! Some people would say that she's torturing me but I wouldn't think so. Smelling the food actually helps me to imagine I'm eating it. In fact, imagination helped a lot during the first few days of surgery cause I thought of drinking gong cha, eating ice cream and everything else.

In case you're going to adopt a liquid diet like me, here's a list of liquid foods for you to try.
  • Milk (or Soy Milk)
  • Fruit Juices
  • Honey water
  • Soups
  • Teas (or Milk Teas if you like)
Liquid diet can actually help you lose a lot of weight and that is exactly what it did to me. I lose 4kg in about a week but I don't know if that loss is permanent. I'll never volunteer to go on a liquid diet just to lose weight though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment