Sunday 7 July 2013

Driving Safely


It's been slightly pass a year since I got my license and I'm quite blessed to have been free of any major accident. Although there was once when I reversed into a taxi cause I didn't checked carefully but that was pretty minor because I managed to break in time and no damage was caused.

What you just saw in the video was just plain crazy. I've got to admit, I'm not exactly the safest driver in the world. In fact, most of the time I'm pretty inconsiderate. After much nagging and scoldings from my beloved girlfriend, I've set my mind to drive safely and cautiously and most importantly courteously.

I've never thought that I would have such a close shave to killing someone. I just didn't know why the auntie would suddenly dash right in front of my car. The most disastrous consequence I've ever thought of was how to pay for damages in the event that I had an accident. I've never thought of death and otherwise.

In this case, I was so shocked that she dashed across the road almost like she wanted to end her life. It's a pity that my back camera wasn't working well and it didn't capture anything because what I saw after I stopped at the side was that she broke down on the road.

She's pretty blessed to have a son with quick reflexes to stop her in time from banging into the car. Although I wasn't moving very fast, I was sure that it was enough to knock her down and potentially break a few bones.

All in all, I'm pretty scarred by this incident and it's just a reminder to all to drive safely and be vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment