Sunday 7 July 2013

NDP 2013


Hello guys, it's National Day real soon and lucky me got to watch the preview first hand. This year's NDP has a pretty interesting theme - "Many Stories, One Singapore'. I've missed out on the previous few National Day Parades being a proud Singaporean I've got to say this year's parade is awesome.


What's really different about this year's NDP is the youthfulness portrayed throughout the entire show. There are just so many kids running around and participating in the various segments. I really liked the part where the mini versions of the hosts came out and took over the show. (Sorry for being such a spoiler) I was wondering why the ushers and motivators were all dressed in bee costumes until they announced halfway through the show that it's all part of being young and stuff. 



Of course the parade can't be complete without the traditional free fall performance by the red lions. Guess what? Singapore made history by having their first female jumper perform in this year's National Day Parade. I just love how the jumpers land off with swag on the floating platform. 



The aerial display was pretty good as well but I guess it all happened too fast. The show would be so much better if they did fly around the floating platform a few more times.


Not forgetting the parade contingents and march pass as well. What's really funny was that the people tasked to act as the President and prime ministers for this rehearsal were really engrossed in their roles. I would totally volunteer all my Saturdays to be the stand-in President and swag in after being driven in a Mercedes right to the front of the stage.


A couple more performances before they ended the entire show. This year's National Day Parade theme song didn't really appeal to me. In fact it didn't even sound like a legit theme song. I remember the days when "Home" and "Where I Belong" were just rocking the stages. Those were the classic theme songs that I'll never forget. Let's hope next year's theme song would be better.


Last but not least, the moment everyone's waiting for - FIREWORKS! P.S The pictures do not do justice to the actual fireworks. Just in case you're wondering about the fun pack, the design of it sucks so badly I didn't want to take a photo of it. The contents not bad actually, with the light sabre thing that you use to wave along to the songs and a stack of discount coupons and some snacks.


Meaningful Saturday evening spent reminiscing all of Singapore's memories. Just in case you people don't know, Singapore's going to be 48 years old this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment