Monday 5 August 2013

Being pushed around

I really don't know how to start this post but I guess it's going to be pretty personal. Read on if you're interested.

Everyone has their fair share of family problems, so have I. I've grown up in a broken family but at the same time not exactly broken. I live with a doting grandmother who has taken care of me since I was 3 years old. At the same time, that was when my parents divorced and I was given custody to my mum who is and has been working her ass off to get her own resale flat near my grandmother. So all her hard work paid off and we're living really near each other just sister blocks apart. However one thing that bugged my mind since young was why she didn't want to just live with my grandmother and me and maybe rent the other apartment out for a steady income every month. I just suppose she wanted freedom and space living in her own apartment. 

So recently our houses have been selected for SERS (Selective En Bloc Redevelopment Scheme) which is in short, us getting chased out of our current homes and being reassigned to a new neighboring estate. Here's an artiste's view of how my new home will look like. 



Everything seems to go really fine now cause we are going to get new homes and probably get compensated as well. Even though the new house are a tad smaller than our current ones, I had a dream and an idea that my mum would probably take the 4-room flat in view of me getting married in the future. However she had another idea which I totally respected to get adjoining 3-room flats with my grandma so that it would be more convenient.

I never really liked meddling with the grown-up's affairs. (Yes I still consider myself as a little kid in their eyes) So when they went for the selection briefing or some sort like this, they were verbally promised adjoining flats when they go for the actual selection in September. Little known to them, these verbal promises do not actually mean anything. I felt cheated for them.

With technology playing such a big part in our lives now, all the selection and availability could be done online and when I did that about half and hour ago, I realised there were only a pair of adjoining flats in the entire estate and half of them are taken up. By that I mean half of the adjoining flats were already leased out and there is no chance we can get a adjoining flat anymore. Well of course unless someone backs out.

I really regret not helping in the selection process. It's really time to grow up and take charge. Well okay, that wasn't the intent of this post at all.

It's no secret that I yearn to get married and settle down asap. Just like any other couple, I really want to get my love nest with my beloved Petrine. Initially I thought I would live with my mum after we got our new flats but apparently she wanted me to live with my grandma still, even after we get our new flats. On the other hand, I realised my grandma wanted me to live with my mum after we got the new flat as well.

I just feel so pushed around and I don't really want to go against any of them. It suddenly dawned on me that it feels like both of them didn't really wanted me to stay with them. It went on from there setting off a long chain of thoughts about getting a BTO asap but also considering the prices and location.

Congrats if you've read this long, you just read through a huge portion of what I'm thinking of everyday. Then again, it's just another rant. 

1 comment: