Tuesday 12 November 2013

Punggol Ranch x Horse Riding



Celebrated my 2nd anniversary with my beloved Petrine at Punggol Ranch. It's a newly built horse-riding stables where you can basically mingle with horses, take horse-riding classes and even just feed them. On top of that, they have a chalet which is in the shape of little cabins on their compound. 

Inspired by the ancient chinese shows where the actors and actresses are always riding horses on the greens, I decided to give horse-riding a try. Booked a 2D1N stay from www.deal.com.sg coupled with 3 joyrides at Punggol Ranch. 

Being only officially open in April 2013, this place is relatively new and the cabins were really up to standard. 

Totally felt like a cowboy with Texas-themed room. The pictures are probably self-explanatory. 

I think we got a family room because the entire place was vacant and it did scare me a little bit to realise we were the only souls there in the middle of the night cause I don't suppose any staff stays there and their reception was not manned after 8pm. 

Some tips: Never go there on a Monday because every Monday is the horses' rest day and also their famous eatery, Bacon & Booze is closed as well. Nevertheless, I did enjoy a little peace and quietness. 



Horse riding in progress! The joyride lasted only about 5 mins max but it was thrilling enough. 


* Look! No Hands! *

Even though there was this horse guy leading the horse all the while, the initial part when you get on the horse was just plain scary. There isn't any seatbelts kind of thing and half the time I was just wondering if the horse will reject me and kick me off. 

I really wonder how the jockeys ride their horses so effortlessly. 

Had a really memorable experience at Punggol Ranch and I'll definitely be back to check out the other facilities that are coming soon like Combat Skirmish. I just hope the journey wasn't so far.

2 comments:

  1. Erm. Hi, do I need a horse ride license to ride on the horse there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, nope you do not need a horse riding license. Anyone can ride the horse as they have qualified instructors there helping you.

    ReplyDelete